Click on the button to go to corresponding section.
Registration is located in front of Canary, just as you enter the doors from the Bus Loop.
If you are coming from the parking garage: at the bottom of the Escalator, immediately go right.
If you are coming from the hotel: Head towards signs for the Parking Garage, you’ll see it just before the Escalator.
Your EventBrite Purchase should have emailed you a QR Code. If you have not received a QR Code, please use our Contact Page and contact us so we can make sure you get this information. Please note that you can also receive your QR Codes by logging into the EventBrite App on your Smartphone.
You can find the EventBrite App by searching “EventBrite” on the App Store/Google Play Store.
The following tickets can utilize the “Registration Priority Line.” This line is worked first before the other lines.
- Founder Pass (Purchased any year)
- Forever Festive Pass (Purchased any year)
- VIP Passes (2018 Purchase Only)
In addition, the following people may utilize the Registration Priority Line, if they have received official status from Holiday Matsuri Leadership:
Please proceed directly to the Artist/Vendor Relations table located in Cypress 2/3. This should be located on the east side of the Vendor Hall, next to the Back Rollup Doors. You can drive into the East dock just before the Parking Garage.
Yes! You can purchase Single-Day Passes on our Registration page: holidaymatsuri.com/registration
We do not have plans to provide a Forever Festive Pass this year. All previous Forever Festive Pass purchases will be honored. All you need to do is provide valid Photo ID at the VIP Registration Desk.
Any fake weaponry must have a Neon Orange Tip placed on the barrel at all times.
Realistic-looking barrels must be filled with Glue or any Permanent Hard-to-Remove Substance.
- Airsoft: Airsoft guns are not permitted, even if firing mechanisms are removed.
- Replica Firearms: Replica Firearms are permitted, as long as the replica was designed to be a display, not a fireable replica. Please see the above restriction on realistic-looking fake weaponry.
- Nerf/Foam Firing: Weapons that can fire foam pellets, darts or such other things actively are not permitted. These weapons can be permitted if their trigger has their spring/firing mechanism removed or rendered permanently inoperable (such as gluing down the firing mechanisms).
- Liquid/Gas Firing: Any props that expel any kind of liquid or gas when triggered are not permitted inside the Convention Center or Hotel.
- Confetti/Glitter Firing: Any props that fire Confetti or Glitter is not permitted in the Hotel or Convention Center.
The throwing of items is not permitted under any circumstance. This can also include throwing glitter and confetti.
You may not take pictures in the following areas:
- Hotel Registration Desk
- Hotel Spa
- Hotel Exercise Room
- Guest Signing Area
- Registration Room
- 18+ Events
Those found to be taking pictures in these areas will be asked to stop.
- Hotel Lobby
- Any doorway, walkway or throughway.
- Any of the hallways behind the Central and East Hallway Paywalls.
- All of the Restaurants, including 24/7 Central Pantry, Siro Urban Italian Kitchen, Solaris, High Velocity, Hawk’s Landing Steakhouse & Grille, Mikado Japanese Steakhouse, Falls Pool Bar & Grill, and Starbucks.
- Hotel Store(s)
Our convention has a Paid Photoshoot Policy. No one, without a purchased pass for Holiday Matsuri, may offer, solicit or advertise a Paid Photoshoot while on Orlando World Center Marriott grounds.This program does not apply to anyone simply wishing to take pictures in general. This only applies to photographers and videographers that wish to use the OWCM grounds for their personal and professional photoshoots. Free group photoshoots, and people simply wishing to take pictures of the convention may do so at any time without recourse.
- If you wish to assist with coverage of our convention: You can sign up for our Press Program. You will be offered up to 4 passes (determined by need, capability and availability) for free. You will be required to cover one or more official events and provide Video/Photos to Holiday Matsuri for future use. Press will be given prime access to Events and the Vendors Room for ease of access for their pictures.
- If you do not wish to assist in coverage, but want to host paid photoshoots: You can sign up for our Photographer program. Photographers are offered discount passes, which grant the same rights as a 3-day pass. You will be able to host paid photoshoots on OWCM grounds at any time. Approval is based on past works; you must be an established photographer to receive a discounted photographer pass.
- If you wish to host free photoshoots, but not paid photoshoots: You can sign up for our Photographer Program. Free Photographers will be given a small “photographer” pass, which does not grant access to Holiday Matsuri, but signifies to cosplayers that you are vetted by Holiday Matsuri. Approval is based on past works; you must be an established photographer to receive a free photographer pass.
It costs $159 USD per night to stay at the Orlando World Center Marriott. That’s almost half off of current prices!
Overnight Hotel Guests
We will have On-Site Parking, one space guaranteed for each room in the OWCM Parking Garage. Parking at the OWCM Parking Garage will cost roughly $11.50 plus tax per night per vehicle.
Parking will not be available onsite if you are not a hotel guest. Please stay tuned for future parking information!
No, you must purchase through holidaymatsuri.com/hotel or call the Hotel Reservation Hotline directly, and mention Holiday Matsuri 2018 Group.
No, you must pay full price to utilize Valet Parking.
- All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Deposits collected will apply to the final bill.
- Reservations cancelled within 72 hours of arrival will forfeit one night’s room revenue.
- Reservations counted as “no shows” will still forfeit one night’s room revenue.
- Reservations must be received prior to Monday, November 20, 2017 at 11:59pm. Reservations may not be accepted after this date.
Minimum height: 48″
Maximum Weight: 300 lbs.
- Enhanced in-room wireless internet for up to 6 devices: Upgraded from the Free Standard Wireless Internet provided, you can stream your favorite movies, games and videos from the comfort of your luxury room!
- Unlimited local and domestic long distance calls: Keep in contact with your loved ones while you’re over in Orlando!
- Bottled Water (two 10oz bottles) replenished once daily: Walking around the con is thirsty business, make sure you keep hydrated!
- Daily Scheduled Shuttle Service to all Disney Parks for up to 4 guests: Don’t drive and pay extra parking; let OWCM drive you to the Disney Parks!
- Daily Credit of $10 towards dry cleaning (not cumulative): Save on dry cleaning, and get your stuff cleaned by the experts at OWCM!
- Daily Bucket of Practice Balls at the Driving Range: Like some golf? Shoot some golf balls on the Driving Range!
- Liquid, Gels, Sols (such as Whipped Cream, Silly String, etc.)
- Fine Confetti, Glitter
- Real Weaponry
- Full Nudity
- Smoking (including Vaping)
We also do not permit the following types of panels:
- Illegal Materials, Services, Goods or Methods: We do not allow the promotion of illegal activities at Holiday Matsuri.
- Buy/sell/trade Panels: Sorry, we have a Vendor Room for this reason!
- Photoshoot Panels: We have numerous public photoshoot locations around the convention center and hotel to host your public photoshoot.
- Gaming Tournaments: We have a game room with numerous tables to host these tournaments.
- Promotion of Hate, Exclusion or Bullying: We are an accepting convention of all walks of life. Those that do not respect this will not be allowed to utilize our space or be at the convention.
Holiday Matsuri Staff have the right to manage the inclusion or exclusion of Panels at any time. Holiday Matsuri may increase or decrease the priority of any panel for any or no reason at their discretion.
Panel application is online at http://imper1umdesigns.com/hmschedule
Panels will be located close to the convention space.
All of the panels are eligible for 18+ Events this year after 10pm, but not all will be granted this status.
Yes. We put panels higher on the list due to the following factors (in no particular order):
- Previous Great Panels (at the convention or other conventions)
- Well-known Panel Host
- Popular Subject Submissions
- Well put together Panel Name and Description, with information on that it looks like you have an exciting panel planned.
Things that can lower your priority:
- Panels that don’t have a lot of description
- Panel Host that cancelled a panel in previous years
- Subject does not seem relate to Holiday Matsuri audience
Things that do not adjust your priority:
- Controversial Subjects (as long as they relate to the Holiday Matsuri audience)
Up to two people per panel can get money for panel hours. Each Panel hour worked grants $10 USD, which you must appear at the Access Control Desk prior to 6pm on Sunday to receive your credit.
All people at Holiday Matsuri must meet the following “Minimum Clothing Requirements.” As a general rule, we follow the “Swimsuit” rule. For example, if it wouldn’t be acceptable at a Public Pool, its not acceptable at Holiday Matsuri.
- No Genitalia must be showing
- Butt cracks must be fully covered, all the way up to the crease between the Buttocks
- Nipples, including Areola must be covered
All attending Holiday Matsuri must meet the following Shoe Requirements:
- Footwear must include a Rubber or Plastic Sole.
- Footwear must not have Metal Spikes. Soft rubber cleats that are not sharp are okay.
- Footwear must not be Rollerblades, Rollerskates, or Ice Skates. While it is okay to carry these items, Rollerblades, Rollerskate or Ice Skates may not be worn on Hotel/Convention Center Property at any time.
- No footwear is only acceptable at the Pool, and footwear must be worn as soon as the Attendee goes inside.
- “Naked Footwear” (clear Plastic sole with a Flesh-tone strap) is acceptable at the Convention, however, the Plastic Sole must be entirely covering the foot, and no skin must come in contact with the Floor.
All costumes must be able to be fit through an 8′ Doorway, with the exception of showing off at any of the Contests.
Signs may only be shown if it is part of the Cosplay (for example, Phoenix Wright’s “Objection” sign). Signs advertising or advocating (for or against) a cause, person, or idea are not permitted at any time. Signs advertising things for sale, including for free (“Free Hugs”) signs are not permitted at any time.
Yaoi Paddles (Wooden, Plastic, or Metal Oars with writing on them) are not permitted at any time in the Hotel or Convention Center. Anyone seen striking anyone with such items will be removed from the Convention without refund.
Attendees violating the Dress Code will be asked to return to their vehicle or hotel room to change, or put away any items violating the rules. Repeat violators will have their pass revoked without refund.
To speed up and facilitate our new bag check requirements, we are only allowing Medium Backpacks or smaller beyond either of the Holiday Matsuri Gates. Larger backpacks (Mountain Backpacks, Duffel Bags) will not be allowed past either checkpoint, and you must return those items to your Hotel Room or Car.
By entering Holiday Matsuri, you permit Holiday Matsuri’s Staff and Orlando World Center Marriott the ability to search your bags for items that are not permitted at the convention.
For Idol Fest, Benefit Ball and the Holiday Rave, these events have additional restrictions: Only small purses, fanny packs and sling bags will be permitted inside the room during these events.
Holiday Matsuri will not store any items not allowed past checkpoints, and will not be responsible for any items left unattended.
I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with attending the event. I hereby RELEASE and DISCHARGE all responsibilities of HMConventions, LLC (owner of Holiday Matsuri), its staff, affiliates, volunteers and proprietors from all responsibility of loss, damage, theft, or injury (including death) occurring as a result of my, or my family’s attendance, presence or participation in the event. I agree to Indemnify and Defend HMConventions, LLC against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgements, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may, in any way, arise from my attendance, presence or participation in the event.
I agree to respect the grounds of Orlando World Center Marriott, and its surrounding grounds. I agree that both HMConventions, LLC and Marriott, its staff, affiliates, and officers have the right to demand payment for any damage I make to the facilities, products or grounds of the Orlando World Center Marriott, or any of the Holiday Matsuri property. I also agree that if HMConventions, LLC or Marriott deems it necessary, that I will release my passes (if any have been provided to me) to Holiday Matsuri on request, and I will be removed from the Orlando World Center Marriott grounds.
I understand that Holiday Matsuri is considered a safe, accepting space for all. As such, I understand that I am not authorized to make any hateful speech putting down a person (in attendance or not), or bully another person at the event. I understand that, if I choose to violate this agreement that I may be warned, and further violations will result in Holiday Matsuri requiring I relinquish my passes (if I have been provided any) without refund, and removal from the convention areas.
I understand that there will be video, audio and picture recording devices active owned by HMConventions, LLC and their affiliates recording the event. I hereby RELEASE my likeness and voice to be used in advertisement, discussion and any other materials deemed necessary as a result of being recorded at the event.
I understand that my company is attending of my own free will. As part of my attendance at Holiday Matsuri, I agree with all the above agreements for myself, my affiliates and employees. I understand that my company is responsible for the actions of my employees, and, if my employees violate any of the rules, my company may be subject to additional fines, penalties, as well as my company’s removal from Holiday Matsuri without refund.