To Enter the Ultimate Cosplay Championship at Holiday Matsuri:
1) Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission (any underage participants will be immediately disqualified)
· To be clear – we encourage cosplay to people of all ages. This rule is purely due to the fact that we cannot show minors on live broadcasted or pre-recorded content. If our committee is unsure that you are a legal adult, we may request proof of eligibility.
2) All selected finalists must be present at Holiday Matsuri (Dec 17 to Dec 19) to be eligible for participation.
(Finalists will be required to show proof of badge, and travel arrangements before being accepted into the event.)
3) Anyone 18 or older may submit a cosplay regardless of what country they live in.
(Provided they are able to travel to the US within Covid safety regulations)
4) There are no prerequisites for entry – everyone is eligible to participate with zero prior experience or awards.
5) We will only accept one submission per person, and only one cosplay from that participant.
6) Original Concept Cosplays are allowed and encouraged to enter, including mash-ups, fan art, variations, gender bends, etc.
7) You may have someone model your cosplay, however; all credit will go to the artist who created the project.
(Your model must at least 18 years of age)
8) You must have created or modified at least 75% of your submitted cosplay.
9) Your cosplay has to have been completed anytime between January 1st, 2020 and the deadline of submissions for this competition (Nov 1st, 2021)
10) We will not accept any cosplays that have won any of the following awards: Best in show, best in category, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, or a craftsmanship award. Being a finalist or receiving a judge’s choice award will not disqualify a particular cosplay.
· Our committee will be vetting the eligibility of each potential finalist and award winner.
11) You may not submit a cosplay that was entered into the 2021 Ultimate Online Cosplay Championship
12) Winning a prize, or being a finalist, in any Holiday Matsuri event will not disqualify you from winning other contests!
13) Any offensive, insensitive, or otherwise inappropriate cosplays will not be eligible.
14) Once the submission form is available, it must be filled out completely and accurately.
15)Any toxic, racist, discriminitory, harmful, or otherwise inappropriate behavior inside and outside of this competition may result in disqualification. This rule applies to everyone from the host of the show, all judges, admin support, finalists, sponsors, participants, and even viewers during events. Our committee will absolutely not tolerate negative behavior of any kind.
16)If you break any of our rules or guidelines, you will not be eligible to participate in any Ultimate Cosplay events.
These are our current tentative rules for this event, they may be subject to change, but will be locked in place when submission open.